A Play Date Gone Bad
Reading Jamie's comments about little girls and friends made me remember this story about Hannah. Several months ago Hannah went to play with a little girl. We won't name names but we'll call her Grace. Anyway, the mother called me frantic and said "Hannah just ran home - Im'm not sure why....we had a little incident earlier about Grace getting mixed up about what she can paint...."
So....I look for her to round the corner...nothing...Finally down the street I see a little mound in a neighbor's driveway about 4 houses down. I hear faint crying. I run down there as she gets up and starts walking home.
There is Hannah, with one shoe on, one shoe gone, covered in red...blood??? As I get closer it is "Ketchup" Her face, hair, and clothes are covered. She is limping on one show and obviously crying.
She tells the story between sobs....Grace painted me with ketchup! Then I wanted to go home and I was crying so she grabbed my leg and stole my shoe so I couldn't go home...but I just left me shoe there!
Even after this episode....I still stand my Lisa's comment. Rarely get involved. Especially with a mother whose children can do no wrong. It will only backfire. It took several months of therapy (Rogers therapy....not professional) before she had the courage to go back....and I certainly did not encourage it!

2 Comments:
that is too funny - not to hannah I'm sure. At least she didn't tie hannah to a goat and let it eat her hair!
I had forgotten about that!! Thanks for the memory. I better call my therapist!
Post a Comment
<< Home