Hee Haw!
A couple of weeks ago we noticed that one of Hannah's teeth was turning grey. (Prior to this the dentist noticed that she had chipped a little bit off the bottom of this tooth--not at an angle...it just looks like that tooth was a little shorter). She must have bumped it good but we don't know what she did. (I was feeling like a bad parent til I heard about a neighbor whose child woke up missing her top three teeth and a fourth broken off at an angle--they took her to the dentist, also a neighbor, and said they had no idea what happened---she just woke up that way....I can so understand. Before I had kids I would have been critical of this mentality...now I am not so sure.) Anyway, back to my story. Hannah was a little freaked out about her tooth and I explained to her that "when she was six it would fall out and a shiny new white one would come in it's place" (unless she takes after Valerie). She was greatly relieved by this and is looking forward to the day when she is six. So anyway, we are riding in the car and she says to me: "Mom, are all of your yellow teeth going to fall out so you can get shiny new white ones?" Oh how I wish. Yes, Yes, I have all the expensive dental trays, etc. but I am scared to use them because the last time I did I ended up with a root canal and a cap!

2 Comments:
Yikes! I'll have to talk to you about the whitening, etc. I want to do it, but I'm a little scared.
Ah the sweet words of a little cherub to make you feel good. My advice to Heidi and you (corn teeth) is just only put the bleach in the forward sections avoiding the back. Hee Haw reminds of when we were stressed about pulling Hillary's Moore chicklet teeth for her braces. We had heard the new dentistry doesn't remove teeth because I makes the jawline funny. The orthodontist wanted to remove 8 or more PERMANENT teeth, so I got a second opinion with another ortho and was told, "yes, you can leave all of her teeth in if you want her to look like Mr. Ed". Ok decision made.
Post a Comment
<< Home