Gotta Go Girl

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Figeuro!!!

I am out of new material today so I am repeating old funnies so that I can have them documented someplace. Bear with me if you have heard this embarassing moment of mine.

My kids are always embarrassed that I often break out in song for no apparent reason. The older ones are embarassed, the younger ones tell me that trhey hate my singing and to please stop. Anyway.....(ever notice I can't tell a simple story without rambling???)

A worker guy (Seth calls them that) cam to fix our cabinets after we moved into the house. He gave me his card and I noticed his name was "Figeuro". This in itself was intriguing. I was down the hall, in the laundry room. He was in the kitchen. I am not sure what came over me; I was obviously thinking about his unusual name....and I belted out in opera style - quite loudly-- just like in the Pinnochio movie (was it Pinnochio?) "Figeuro!! Figeuro!! Figeuro!!" If you have heard the phrase you can imagine and I am sure you are embarassed for me as much as I was embarassed for myself. I am red just writing this post! I quickly realized what I was doing and pretended nothing had happened....

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger nannygoatgruff said...

Alicia-I'm sure they weren't shocked. They are used to it. Horrifed was probably more like it (hee hee) Enjoy this talent we share this weekend. It's always fun to embarrass your children in a harmless way. Jim likes to act retarded just before going to parent-teacher conferences.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger heidi said...

That is hilarious! I'm glad to hear that other people do weird things too.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger sugarbritches said...

I can't stop laughing picturing this happening. I wonder what the guy thought. Did he wonder if he should answer?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home