It's Lonely at the Top.....
This is President Rogers speaking. (hee hee) What does one do in Sharing Time when their children must be picked each week? About 3/4 way through my sharing time I noticed Seth quietly sobbing. I called on him to take a part in the game. What I did not notice by the time it was over was Hannah sobbing. I took her away from her class and held her in the back of the room and tried to explain. Of course the added attention made her sobs louder and louder. I explained that I could not choose her and Seth every week and because since I am the Primary President then I have to give all of the little children a chance. She immediately started sobbing in her not so quiet way "I DON'T WANT YOU TO BE THE PRIMARY PRESIDENT!" (repeat, sob sob, repeat louder, sob sob sob, louder, etc., etc.) "I just want you to be my mom." That of course broke my heart. I wanted to say "Me too Hannah". Any advice on this to any of you out there who have had this same experience? I am nervous for next week. I can't really call my own kids everytime but.....

1 Comments:
As Dad would say to anyone who objects to your choosing Seth and Hannah each week, "Do YOU have PRESIDENT after your name?" well then, mind your own beeswax. I think that's the perogative of the president. seriously, for everyones sake it's much easier than not and everyone would agree.
Post a Comment
<< Home