Gotta Go Girl

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Do you speak Idaho?

I think I already told everyone this, but I need to write it down for posterity. When we went to Bear Lake Hannah got really sunburned (4 kids, same sunscreen, same reapply schedule - my boys didn't get a speck of burn and my girls got fried....weird) Anywho, we decided rather than go to the lake again we decided to take the twins and drive up through Montpilier, etc. The twins were engrossed in a movie most of the trip up. When they decided to surface we were in some little Idaho town, crossing a bridge over some old railroad cars lying about in a railroad yard.... Here's how it went:

Hannah: Look Dad, motor homes!
Seth: Where are we?
Mom: We're in Idaho!
Seth: I don't like this place. I don't like Idaho. Everything is really scary here! I want to go home!!!
Seth: Are there people in Idaho?
Hannah: (in a stressed, almost crying voice) "But we don't speak Idaho!!"

We tried not to laugh out loud. Jim told them to stay close and let him do the talking in the gas station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home