Gotta Go Girl

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

NATIONAL PARKS.....

Just a brief synopsis of our trip because I really should be earning a living while typing at this computer and earning my mere 8 cents a line.....

We had a great time. As soon as I can figure out how I will post some pictures. Someone come over and do it for me, K? Hannah and Seth learned so much. Seth loved seeing the Buffalo, that was the highlight of his trip. Unfortunately he had a bitter resentment that he made known towards the indians because he learned that the indians used to run the buffalo off of cliffs to kill them for food. This upset him greatly. He has a stuffed buffalo that he sleeps with and says it is his favorite animal. Hannah learned the names of the presidents on Mount Rushmore and they were both so cute and excited about everything.

However.......we pushed our luck. By the time we got to Yellowstone Hannah was apparently done. On the first day she got a mild case of heat exhaustion and that was kind of scary. Note to all parents...Hats always in 100 deg. weather on blonde children in National Parks. By Day 2 of Yellowstone we went on a little hike to see some hot pots. The others went ahead and I was with Hannah, lagging behind. All of a sudden she started into one of her tirades. Many of you have glimpsed Hannah's tirades and this was a doozy. I memorized as much as I was able this classic rendition and goes like this....."I HATE NATIONAL PARKS!- I HATE YELLOWSTONE! I AM SICK OF ALL OF THESE BURNT TREES! I FORGOT WHAT MY ROOM LOOKS LIKE! I HATE DRIVING AROUND LOOKING FOR ANIMALS! I HATE STINKY HOT POTS! I HATE NATIONAL PARKS (repeat verse 1 and chorus) I HATE HIKING" Here I intervened and reminded her that she has always asked to go hiking with Daddy and that she likes hiking....Without missing a beat she said "THIS IS NOT REAL HIKING - THIS IS FAKE HIKING! I HATE FAKE HIKING, I HATE YELLOWSTONE (repeat of chorus). At some point you will have the privelige of seeing another Hannah moment on Day 2 of Yellowstone - - the Mother of All Tantrums that occured right on the main pavement, admist 100's of onlookers right in front of Old Faithful. I have not seen the clip yet but I know it is short because people really gave me weird looks to be filming my daughter's tantrum instead of stopping it. (Obviously they don't know Hannah. There is not a blasted thing you can do until she is finished.) You shall see it either on my blog or as a part of Ryan's weekly videos if it makes the cut.....Happy Camping to all....P.S. I found out Aunt Gretchen dislikes Yellowstone as well....We should debate this one day....

3 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger sugarbritches said...

You have to show the video! Those are the memories you love, not the fart pot videos. Up yours lady who didn't appreciate video taping the tantrum.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger heidi said...

Yeah, I can't wait to see the video! It's funny when other people think you can stop something like that. Might as well get it on video and laugh about it later.

That's cute about Seth and the buffalo.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Mooryan said...

wow. i have never heard 'sugarbritches' say 'up yours.' yet it seemed to fit. hmm. heehee. this is hilarious. i love the hannah chant. crazy loco kids. i think you should have thrown the fit with hannah. even funnier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home