Gotta Go Girl

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

You will never win an argument with an Asian Person...and You Must EAT EGGS!

While on a busines trip with Jim to San Diego this past weekend, he accidentally ordered the package that included two breakfasts each morning, anything on the menu, either at the restaurant or via room service. Well for the first two mornings we dined in the lovely restuarant. Then I was on my own for the next two mornings as Jim had breakfast meetings provided by the conference.

You all know how I am obsessed with a bargain....well, I determined that the other breakfast was not going to go to waste so I planned to be creative in my ordering. The first morning I ordered the ham and eggs as one breakfast and the Bistro Bread Basket of various breads and pastries for the second. I ordered milk with one, juice with the other. (When they asked me how many were dining I said two, of course) I pigged out, using both place settings, and picked at the breads and wasn't hungry again til dinner.

Well the next morning, I am not really hungry. I decide to have the breakfast sandwich as one entree and a fruit smoothie as the other. I was told by a prior waitress that the smoothie, graprefruit, etc. were considered an entree. Plus, think of the money they save. There were $19 breakfasts and $5 and when a flat fee was paid by the company.....So, I call room serive and get a cute little asian lady on the phone. I explain that I had the voucher for two breakfasts, and I would like the breakfast sandwich for one, the smoothie for the other. Oh No, No No No!! she states. You can no do that! It say "entrees". Smoothie not entree. You have to pay for smoothie. I feebly argue that I had done this before....No No No she shouts exasperated. I cannot do that. Entree is eggs! You must have eggs! No smoothie. Eggs! Eggs! I get in trouble with manager. Entree is eggs! Grapefruit? I feebly ask?? NO No No. Eggs. You must have eggs! I rarely lose an argument.....i had eggs.

2 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Loud Boy said...

hahahahah, I not the only one that stayed in the TwIlIGhT ZoNe Hotel.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger sugarbritches said...

Not hungry till dinner...nice try piggy! Just kidding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home